Spray Foam Insulating Process – What You Should Know
It has been proven that spray foam insulation is the ideal way to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home. It provides a continuous barrier against air, moisture and vapour to significantly lower your energy bills while improving indoor quality. Additionally, it is easily installed and can be used in any area of the home that requires insulation. Whether you are upgrading the insulation in your current residence or insulating a new construction, it provides measurable returns through energy savings, enhanced structural stability and increased comfort.
The spray foam insulating process must be followed correctly to ensure performance and durability. Only manufacturer-trained or approved technicians should be called in for the application. Which process is used will also depend on the type of foam that you are using—open cell or closed-cell spray foam. Our team will explain exactly what is involved before we start on your project. In the meantime, here is an overview of the process for your understanding.
What to expect during the spray foam insulating process:
- Prepare to be away from your home (or the construction site) on the day that spray foam is being installed.
- Prior to installation, Platinum Spray Foam technicians will cover the floors, windows, fixtures and any furniture that you may have.
- We will also set up a fan to provide adequate ventilation in the work space.
- Our team will then suit up and begin installing the foam which is in liquid form and expands to more than 100 times its size on contact with your walls, ceiling or floor.
- The spray foam spreads easily and evenly filling gaps, crevices and air pockets to effectively eliminate any air leaks.
- It typically requires 24 hours to fully cure, after which you may return home or continue work on the new construction site.
3 tips on how to prepare your home for spray foam insulation:
- Store valuables safely out of the way.
- Keep the area to be insulated and pathway to it clear; this includes removing items from an attic, basement or garage.
- Ensure that the area outside your home is clean to prevent the crew from bringing in dirt each time they go in and out.
Our technicians will treat your home as their own, working quickly and efficiently to minimize any disruption to your schedule. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the spray foam insulating process so that you can feel confident about your investment.
Call Platinum Spray Foam at (416) 731-8600 if you have any questions about the insulating process, or request an estimate online.
You can also visit our store to see our products and talk to our team.