Pros and Cons of Using Stone Veneer
Stone veneers have become one of the hottest decorating materials in Ontario and across North America. A huge selection of colours and shapes, easier installation when compared to full natural stone and of course, great pricing, account for its rising popularity among architects, builders and property owners.
Is stone veneer really as fantastic as many users would have you believe? Let’s examine the advantages and disadvantages of using this material for your interior and exterior applications.
Stone Veneer Pros
- It is a reasonably-priced alternative to natural stone.
- Available in almost any colour and style that you want.
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces including wood, stone and metal.
- Lightweight material reduces installation time and cost as installers can do more work in a shorter time frame.
- An excellent choice for tight areas where it might be difficult to work with natural stone.
- Ideal for non-load bearing walls as additional supports will not be required.
- Lasts for many years when properly installed.
- Improper installation can lead to breaking and chipping.
- Use of strong cleaners will damage the surface and erode colour.
- Not all varieties may be suitable for swimming pools, showers and applications that come into frequent contact with water.
Although stone veneers are very hardy and require minimal maintenance, quality of installation is key to their performance and durability. Preparation of the surface area and following local building codes which determine the installation process are critical to the success of your project. Don’t settle for anything less; call for an experienced installer.
At Platinum Stone Veneer, our installers are manufacturer-trained. This assures you that the proper process is being followed and that the highest standards of quality are met. We have a wide selection for you to choose from and provide expert advice on the right materials for your specific application.
To learn more about the pros and cons,call Platinum Stone Veneer (416) 731-8600 or request an estimate online.
You can also visit our store to see these beautiful stone veneers and talk to our team.